Wednesday 14 December 2016

Thanks speech (the one actors give when they collect awards!)

Today I'm really thankful to the internet and technology for making it possible for small time writers like me to get their work published without a cost. Thank you for giving me the opportunity for running my own blog and making technology easier. Whoever created it, God bless you darling!

It is big thing for me because I've not explored the writing avenues yet and basically doing volunteering work which is getting published. I'm telling you if it was some regular job and I was being paid not adequately, how frustrated I would have been. But, writing doesn't do that to me. I feel at a comfortable place with it.

This blog is my place. I've the control of it and let me thank again the unknown techno guy who rendered this service. Had it not been for this place, I would have never known that I could write and yes, get some good appreciation from friends (and some not so good appreciation too). Still to discover what you've got, this was and would be the place.

I have written endlessly few mails to scoopwhoop, storypick and other bloggers and websites for getting an opportunity to write with them. Never heard back from them. I missed the interview at HT because of bad health. I mostly now apply to selected jobs as this is something that doesn't tire me and gives me happiness. How do I know this?

I recently got this opportunity to write an article for Katha titled "Importance of story pedagogy for children belonging to high risk groups." As most of my childhood have been spent on reading books and Katha being a pioneer publishing house for children books, I took up this task to write it. I kept waiting for feedback and when it did not reach, I thought may be I've screwed up. May be it was not written like they wanted. Yesterday, I mailed them to at least let me know what happened and what I got totally took me by surprise. So my article was published on Dec 1. This time I was the 20th person sharing it facebook! (Earlier I've had to share it myself!) I was telling my friend "Do you get it? They have the control and authority to publish it and they did it!" I got good words from the person to whom I made the submission.

Here is the link:
https://kathasanchar.wordpress.com/2016/12/01/importance-of-story-pedagogy-to-teach-children-belonging-to-high-risk-groups/

I want to thank almighty. I doubt and don't understand you at times thinking why this thing happened to me. But, I've to admit that had things not happened with me, I would have never looked for different opportunities and I would have never discovered what I do today. I've to believe that your plans are bigger than mine and there is no reason to think anything opposite than this. Also, I would like to thank my family and friends who always look up to reading what I write. Special thanks to my friend Akansha for her encouraging words and fellow writers, Rohit and Srilekha for being critical and frank. To Srilekha again, for editing stuff for me. To Katha Founder Geeta Dhamrajan for giving me this opportunity to write for their offical blog. To Udyam Prayas, founder Neeru Juneja for giving me the chance to design their newletter and I could further talk about it at Katha and grab their opportunity. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment